Paula Umana is a former professional tennis player, a Catholic mother of five children and wife to Dr. Serge Sautré, french Chiropractor. After her 5th childbirth, she suddenly became sick due to a nervous system disorder called CIDP which left her quadriplegic.
After hundreds of prayers and pilgrimages from friends and family and extreme treatments, Paula was able to start moving thanks to her faith, joy from the Holy Spirit, and courage. She progressed from her bed to a wheelchair, to a walker, and is currently able to walk with the help of miraculous leg devices. All of these milestones were achieved on specific dates that were directly connected with Mary Mother of Jesus especially the Virgin of Lourdes which granted her miracles for her progress.
With hope and courage, she surpassed everyone’s expectations. She has persistently pressed on throughout her entire life, something that led her to becoming the #1 tennis player in her country of origin, Costa Rica, and Central America. With a Major in International Trade, and a fluency in English, Spanish and French, Paula has become an International Speaker with experience in the U.S. and Central America. Previously she founded her own company “Coach Paula Tennis” serving as the president and coach in Atlanta Georgia, the city where she currently lives.
- Hope in suffering: From a professional tennis player to a quadriplegic mother of five children. Listen to her unforgettable and inspiring story full of hope, faith, and courage.
- Dare to win: Life is like a sports’ match. How do you play it and always get the victory to which God has called you?
- Enabled not disabled: Be the best version of yourself in the midst of your limitations and handicaps.
- Empowering Moms: Empowering your motherhood life through the example of mother Mary.
- Reinventing yourself to overcome challenges: Use challenges and changes in your life as an opportunity to evolve, grow and obtain better results than ever before.