Dr. Pamela Patnode, OblSB is a dynamic speaker who inspires teen and adult Catholics to LIVE their faith. She offers practical tips for busy families to make faith a priority in their lives. Dr. Patnode is an international speaker who shares her experience as a wife, mother, Catholic author, educator, and Benedictine Oblate. She strives to inspire others to live their faith with passion and intention. Patnode holds a Doctorate in Education and a Master of Arts degree in Theology, and she currently serves as the Director for the Catholic School Leadership graduate program at the Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity at the University of St. Thomas. Patnode has spoken at numerous national Catholic parish events for teens and adults as well as national and international Catholic conferences where she has presented in both English and Spanish. Pamela has been a guest of EWTN television and a regular guest of Relevant Radio. As an educator, Patnode is passionate about helping Catholic school teachers and leaders grow professionally and spiritually while they fulfill their important vocation of forming the next generation.
Patnode has spoken at numerous national Catholic parish events for teens and adults as well as national and international Catholic conferences (she has presented in both English and Spanish). Pamela has been a guest of EWTN television and has been a regular guest of Relevant Radio.
Her books include:
- Me Puede Enseñar? A Guide to Educating Hispanic/Latino Students in Catholic High Schools (Published by NCEA, 2021)
- Dare to LIVE Catholic: 5 Steps to Intentional, Faith-directed Living (Published by Philomena Press)
- The Confession of Grace (available in English and Spanish) Published by Philomena Press
- A Communion of the Heart (available in English and Spanish) Published by Philomena Press
- 5 Steps to Successful Home Schooling: How to Add Faith and Focus to Your Home Education Program (available in English and Spanish) Published by Philomena Press
Some of her popular talk titles for Confirmation students, parents, and women include:
- The Benedict Option for Finding Balance in Life
- Truth: How the Catechism and the Psalms Can Help Us Find, Understand, and Live Truth
- St. Benedict, Hospitality, and Living Our Faith
- What is the Eucharist and Why Should I Care? – a Biblical look at the Eucharist and why it matters in our daily lives (for teens and adults)
- The Holy Spirit: Preparing Teens for Confirmation – a look at Pentecost from the Old Testament, the New Testament, and why it matters to us today (for teens and adults)
- Three Pitfalls to Avoid as Catholic Women – We question, we compare, we have so many demands, we get busy and forget to pray: women, this presentation is for you!
- The Creed – What is this prayer that we recite so mindlessly, and why in the world should I care? (For teens and adults)
Her popular Catholic school and homeschooling presentations include:
- Catholic Education as Vocation
- The Rule of St. Benedict and Finding Balance in Life
- The Art of Language
- Dyslexia and Dysgraphia: What Catholic Educators Need to Know
- Catholic Schools and Struggling Students: The Blessings, the Challenges, and Practical Tips for Better Outcomes
- Catholic Schools and English Language Learners: What works and why
- Help for Struggling Readers: dyslexia, dysgraphia, yes there is help and hope!
- Socialization: Why homeschooling works
- 5 Steps to Successful Home Schooling