Mary Ann Kuharski is an author and national speaker on life and family issues. She is a founding member and Director of PROLIFE Across AMERICA, known as “The Billboard People” for its positive and persuasive educational messages, which have appeared in 46 states. They annually sponsor more than 1,000 radio ads and 7,500 billboards — in addition to online ads and college campus ads.
Mary Ann Kuharski is a wife and mother of 13 children, six of whom are adopted and of mixed races with "special needs". She and her husband John are members of St. Charles Borromeo Parish in Minneapolis, and are active members of the Knights of Columbus. They are now grandparents to a growing and extended family.
Mary Ann has served in various aspects of the pro-life movement as well as being a volunteer counselor offering support to women with problem pregnancies. She has served as an Advisory Board Member of the National Council for Adoption and on the MN Governor's Task Force regarding children with handicaps and special needs. She has testified twice in Congress on adoption related issues and has appeared on local and national radio and television.
In 2005, Mary Ann received the Catholic Unity Award from Catholic Music and Media Association. In 2006, she received the Catholic Woman of the Year Award from the National Catholic Daughters of the Americas. In 2008, she received the Leading With Faith Catholic Business Leader Award by the Catholic Spirit Archdiocesan Publication. In 2017, she was the recipient of Relevant Radio’s Christ Brings Hope Award.
Mary Ann is a frequent speaker at pro-life events, in addition to Marriage and Family conferences, Eucharistic/Marian conferences, and Advent and Lenten retreats.
- Monthly columnist for The Catholic Servant newspaper
- Author of five books: -Raising Catholic Children (OSV Press)
-Parenting With Prayer (OSV Press)
-Building a Legacy of Love (Faith Publishing)
-Outnumbered: Raising 13 Kids with Humor & Prayer (Servant)
-Prayers for Life – Forty Daily Devotions (Ave Maria Press)
Some frequent topics for speaking presentations include:
- Battling the culture of death by creating a Culture of Life
- Can a billboard really save a baby’s life? PROLIFE Across AMERICA’s life-saving outreach
- Battling the over-population lie and other anti-life propaganda
- Raising Christian children with humor and prayer in a secular age
- Cana talk with Mary Ann and John: Marriage and parenting – a vocational call
- What to do when loved ones leave the Faith
- The family that prays, plays, eats, and works together - stays together
"We had an outstanding response to our banquet! It was primarily appreciation of our excellent speaker! Your talk “stirred the juices” here. I believe people are giving some deep thought to the abortion issue and finding a deep hunger to “do something”! Thank you so much for your time and willingness to travel to share with us.” -J. Andrews, Colorado