Deacon Allen is a dynamic and fiery speaker, preacher, storyteller, musician and evangelizer. He loves sharing his God-given gifts in his ministries and is truly humbled to be in service to God and his people. He ministers around the country at diocesan, school, and parish adult and youth events. He has motivated and inspired groups of all ages to a greater awareness of how to recognize God’s presence in their daily lives through his unique blend of storytelling, humor, audience participation, music, and deep-seeded spirituality.
Deacon Allen is also a published author and blogger. He is published in Give Us This Day, one of the most popular Catholic devotionals on the market. His blog is a collection of writings about how work and the circumstances of everyday life are opportunities for growing closer to God and serving others.
He is also an accomplished songwriter and has had some of his songs recorded by a Nashville recording artist. For more than 24 years, he was the lead guitarist and a vocalist in The Gold Coast Orchestra, one of Chicago’s most energetic dance bands.
Deacon Allen lives in Sleepy Hollow, Illinois with his wife, Stephanie. He is also the proud father of young adult sons, Joe, Dan, and Nathan.
Deacon Allen is a high-energy Catholic motivational speaker who will provide an engaging experience that blends stories, humor, audience participation, prayer, music, and a practical and challenging message that will inspire and motivate your group. Here is just a sampling of the many topics that he covers:
- Finding God in the Everyday (or Allowing God to Find Me) - This session will show you ways to live every day with a greater awareness of God’s presence and love.
- Avoiding Life's Obstacles to Grow Closer to Christ - This talk takes a look at some of the obstacles that keep us from growing closer to Christ and how we can overcome these barriers in order to see God in the everyday.
- Discovering Your Prayer Personality - This interactive session will illustrate the various forms of prayer and which form may work best for your individual personality.
- How to Listen for God’s Voice in an Earbud-Wearing World - This talk will help you understand why you may not be able to hear God’s voice and provide you with actual steps that you can follow in order to hear God speaking to you.
- Recharging Your Spiritual Batteries - This presentation will offer six steps to take when your spiritual “low battery” light starts flashing in order to plug-in to our Divine Power Source.
- The Joy of Forgiveness - This talk will reveal the three steps on how to forgive – a process that will completely change your life.
- When is Enough Enough? How to Find Calm in the Chaos - Learn how to change your habits in order to keep busyness and stress to a minimum by putting God first in your lives and finding calm amidst the chaos of life.
Parish Mission Themes:
Letting God Find Me: A Mission for Becoming Aware
Recharging Your Spiritual Batteries
Deacon Allen will customize his message for your organization, making sure that his presentation meets your needs.