Real Catholic Men
Purpose and Function:
- To teach Catholic men the Bible-based roles that they were created to fulfill within their families and the greater society through the study of Sacred Scripture, Catechesis and Apologetics.
- To give Catholic men a better understanding of their faith for the salvation of their own souls and the souls of their families, and to equip them with the tools to better defend their faith amongst non-believers and/or detractors.
- To act as a support system for fellow men against the barrage of sexual and purity-based attacks from the Enemy. This includes, but is not limited to stances against the following:
- Pre-marital sexual relations
- Explicit or implicit sexual behavior and images within our society
- Same-sex relationships/marriage
- Sexual abuse (adult and childhood)
- Domestic violence
- And stances for the following:
- Sacrament-based marriages
- Natural Family Planning
- Life causes
Real Catholic Men is open to all baptized Catholic men who are willing to listen and heed the call of God in their lives as protectors of the Faith and the family throughout our world.
A Personal Note from the Founder of REAL CATHOLIC MEN:
I am not an expert on this subject by any means. I definitely fall short of my calling as a Catholic man. And that's exactly the reason why I started this ministry. We can (and are even called to) help each other achieve the Kingdom of Heaven. And there are people out there who have a better handle of how to do that than myself. We need to utilize their gifts and talents, so that we can become a light to others. I know where I need to go - I'm just not sure how to get there. Won't you please join me as we journey to make ourselves exactly what God intended from the beginning of time?
David J. Renshaw was born in San Diego, California. He attended Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas where he received a degree in Film and Television Production. After working for a number of years in the entertainment industry in Los Angeles, David moved north. He now resides in the Portland, Oregon area with his wife, Heather, and their two daughters; Ava and Elise. His family attends St. Cecilia parish in Beaverton, and St. Matthew in Hillsboro. Both David and Heather are active in a lay movement for married couples called Teams of Our Lady.